First International IACAT Conference on
Computerized Adaptive Testing
7-9 June, Arnhem, The Netherlands
The International Association for Computerized Adaptive Testing (IACAT) is a nascent organization dedicated to advancing computerized adaptive testing (CAT) through research and education. IACAT will hold its first annual conference June 7- 9, 2010. The conference will take place in Arnhem, The Netherlands. The conference, hosted by the Research Center for Examination and Certification (RCEC: www.rcec.nl), will take place at the Conference Centre Papendal. (www.papendal.com)
The conference will be an international forum for CAT researchers and others interested in CAT to meet and share ideas and developments on CAT. At the conference, the following well-known scholars will give keynote presentations:
● Cees Glas, University of Twente, The Netherlands
● Mark Reckase, Michigan State University, USA
● Lawrence Rudner, Graduate Management Admission Council, USA
● Wim van der Linden, CTB/McGraw-Hill, USA
● Otto Walter, Institute of Psychology, Aachen University, Germany
● Matthew Finkelman, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, USA
Furthermore, about 50 papers and 20 posters will be presented. There will also be time for informal meetings and social activities.
The program is ready and at this website.
Participants can register now by filling in the registration form on this website. Note: Registration is completed by filling in this form and the payment registration form wich you can find in the mail you receive after registration on this website.
The Conference fee includes participation in sessions, tea/coffee breaks, lunches (June 7, 8 and 9) and dinners (June 7 and 8). The fee is:
Participant: € 350
Student: € 250
Students are able to register at a reduced rate of 250 Euros. Note: Students need to send or fax a signed letter from their supervisor verifying the status as a Student. The letter should be sent to:
7500 AE Enschede
Fax: 053 – 4894239
Hotel accommodation is available or nearby the conference center. Prizes ranges between: €99 and €119 per night, including breakfast. It is also possible to share a room. The price than will be €139, including breakfast. The conference organisation will take care of the reservation of your room. Note: You have to pay the room yourself upon arrival.
On June, 7 form 9.00-12.00, workshops are organized on introductory and more advanced topics in CAT.
The following workshops will be run. The costs of attending a workshop are € 100.
● Nathan Thompson, Assessment Systems Corporation: Introduction to CAT
And two advanced topics:
● Mark Reckase, Michigan State University: Multidimensional CAT
● Bernard Veldkamp; University of Twente: Item selection, exposure control, and test specifications in CAT
The conference is organized by a committee consisting of:
● Clifford Donath, Donath Group, USA
● Theo Eggen, Cito, University of Twente, Netherlands
● Nathan Thompson, Assessment Systems Corporation,USA
● David Weiss, University of Minnesota, USA
● Dr. Natarajan Venkatesa, MeritTrac, Inc., India
● Birgit Olthof, RCEC, University of Twente, Netherlands
Previous CAT conferences were held in 2007 and 2009, sponsored by the Graduate Management Admissions Council. IACAT was founded at the 2009 conference, and the 2010 conference marks the first official function of the organization. Come take part in history!
To learn more about IACAT or to join, please visit www.iacat.org.